Our client is a trader of Commodity and Energy products including, Oil, Gas, Power, LNG etc. based in Central London. The business continues to grow and develop into exciting new products; offering new employees a very entrepreneurial, fast paced and changing environment to work in.
We are seeking an experienced Treasury Analyst, with specific knowledge/exposure of FX and money market products. The successful candidate will be someone who will contribute ideas to add value to this team, will show initiative and is capable of working independently.
- Managing the daily cash position, including monitoring the position during the course of the day, following up internally regarding expected movements, liaising with banks regarding expected receipts of funds, pooling and sweeping between accounts held with various banks and arranging funding as required (spot and hedge)
- Cash flow forecasting, including providing on a daily basis, a 14 day cash flow forecast, determining funding requirements and analysing variances between forecasting and actual positions, providing explanations for changes
- Liaising with other internal departments to ensure that the data in systems used for cash flow forecasts is accurate
- Drive systems and process development to ensure operational efficiency
- Development of liquidity management framework
- Process manual payments.
- Take responsibility for evaluating and implementing short-term funding and investment strategies, in addition to optimizing interest cost/benefit
- Execute transactions as part of company’s liquidity, cash and/or currency risk management
- Monitor and manage Treasury FX exposure
- Recommend investment strategies to treasury manager
- Transact money market deposits and other approved investments
- Ability to see the bigger picture in whole Treasury function, suggesting ways processes could be improved and implementing more clearly defined procedures
- Support other treasury activities.
- Degree in Finance/Banking/Commercial/Treasury or equivalent
- Has a general knowledge of other financial instruments traded on the interest rate, currency and commodities markets
- Strong knowledge/exposure of FX and money market products -
- Experience working in a pop trading room of a bank
- Experience in preparing cash forecasts and cash flow analyses
- Analytically minded
- Knowledge of all treasury all activities
- Analytical, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Advanced spreadsheet and modeling skills
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling experience
- Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Interested in process improvement
- Willing to adapt quickly to quick changes in direction
- Internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills