Credit Manager - Financial Services
Salary: To c. £45,000 + excellent benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our client, FTSE250 financial services organisation, who seek an experienced Credit Manager to take responsibility for underwriting asset backed transactions and 3rd party limits.
- To underwrite asset backed transactions and 3rd party limits within a delegated personal underwriting authority as well as providing credit recommendations to more senior underwriters / committees as appropriate.
- To have lead responsibility within regional office for the effective deployment of Credit Risk Policies and supporting Processes to ensure the regional office deliver compliance Credit Risk policies on an ongoing basis
- To have satisfactory Credit Risk Reviews and Audits of regional office credit processes
- To have lead responsibility for delivery of local Credit Quality Assurance programme
- To be the Credit Risk subject matter expert providing guidance and advice to sales teams and operations throughout the regional office
- To provide a high standard of credit support to and engagement with the sales teams undertaking customer visits as and where appropriate to support the effective underwriting of credit transactions
- To support Sales Directors in coaching the less experienced members of the sales team, where required, to deliver a 'right first time’ principle in the development of proposals
- To provide 'in-field’ support to the sales team and assist with the development and presentation of more complex proposals using market and asset knowledge
- To line manage effectively the other underwriters in the regional office (detail to be added as to development / motivation / line manager requirements)
Skills and experience required:
- Comprehensive knowledge of underwriting techniques & requirements gained through significant experience of SME, Commercial and Corporate underwriting, ideally gained in a Financial Services organisation
- Comprehensive understanding of financial analysis and customer level credit risk evaluation and assessment
- Has a good understanding of Asset Finance and structuring transactions within a clear risk appetite
- Has a good knowledge of credit risk policies, processes and controls
- Ability to maintain independence in decision making and work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive mental attitude.
- Good understanding of commercial / sales drivers and requirements
- The ability and experience to operate at a high level in the Customer and Supplier environments
- Ability to deliver quality outputs within agreed timescales
- Knowledge of other risk disciplines e.g. operational, compliance and regulatory risk
Please note, due to the high volume of applications, only applicants that are shortlisted will be contacted