A top law firm specialising in complex international and high-end commercial & tax disputes, with offices in London and NY is looking to hire an exceptional forensic accountant. The firm's practice comprises of leading practitioners.
The Forensic Accountant will be responsible for:
* Conducting and advising on fact finding, fraud, financial and regulatory investigations
* Interviewing witnesses and sources in connection with investigations and disputes
* Advising on quantum and the commercial aspects of disputes including preparing detailed loss calculations and business valuations and supporting the firm's lawyers and clients prepare for mediations
* Advising on technical accounting issues and analysis of accounts and financial data
* Reviewing, analysing and verifying evidence for use in court proceedings, mediations/settlements and investigations
* Advising on information required to conduct an investigation/support a claim
* Liaising with and critiquing the reports of independent expert accountants
* Preparing decision trees to assist with presentation of legal advice
* Reporting on results of work undertaken including drafting quantum reports, investigation reports, sections of pleadings and witness statements dealing with quantum and financial issues
* Desktop research of businesses and individuals
* As the firm is based in London and New York, candidates with experience advising on financial crime and regulatory issues in the banking and insurance markets would be at an advantage.
* A relevant qualification in accountancy (ACA or ACCA qualifications or equivalent), with a first-time pass, preferably gained at a Big Four
* The right person will be exceptionally bright, hard-working and should have a very good bachelor's degree (First Class equivalent or a high 2.1 from a top UK University).
* A post-graduate degree could be an advantage.
* The firm are interested in hearing from applicants who have good working knowledge of how technology is being used to transform investigations and disputes e.g. E-discovery software, visualisation tools and data analytics.
* A broad range of Forensic Accounting experience including investigations into fraud and regulatory issues and the preparation of expert witness reports.
* Candidates with deep experience of tax litigation and disputes would also be considered.
* Business development and marketing initiatives
* Exceptionally organised and an ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines.
* Exceptional verbal and written communicator and able to liaise easily with the partners and legal associates.
* An exceptional level of accuracy and attention to detail in a fast-paced corporate office environment.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision being a team player within the existing professional team and always maintaining a positive outlook even when placed under pressure.
* Flexibility is key for this role.
* Exceptional work ethic, with a strong commitment to the firm's success and a clear understanding of the requirement to keep the firm's matters confidential.
* Excellent IT skills, especially in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
* Negotiable - depending on experience
The posts are full-time from Monday - Friday, from 9am - 6pm in the firm's central London office.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.