Our client is a well-established, profitable and growing designer, manufacturer and installer to major UK housebuilders, headquartered in the North-East. Due to continued growth and expansion, they require a hands-on Maintenance Engineer to join their Operations team.
Responsible to the Chief Operations Officer for planning, organising and controlling maintenance, as well as introducing new procedures that improve machine availability, your duties will include:
• Carrying out a schedule of preventative maintenance and servicing of machines and equipment
• Organising resource and manning requirements accordingly
• Understanding the operation of plant and machines, knowledge of the function, composition and procedure of the production equipment
• Early detection of potential technical problems, monitoring and assuring the quality of parts, components and products
• Optimising the effectiveness of the machinery with regards to quick fault finding and rectifying problems
• Undertaking relevant testing and inspection of test equipment calibration etc. to ensure fit for purpose
• Ensuring development plans are in place for apprentices and engineers to develop over time
• Giving commitment to overtime working and flexibility
• Adhering to the company's health and safety procedures and plans
You will need:
- Significant electrically biased experience gained in a manufacturing environment and similar hands-on Maintenance role (kitchen or associated industry an advantage)
- An electrical bias, preferably qualified to a minimum HNC in electrical engineering.
- Experience in PLC controlled plant advantageous
- Degree level education in business administration, management, engineering, industrial technology of benefit
- Strong computer skills
Please note: High levels of interest mean we will only contact you if your application is shortlisted and this will happen within five working days. You must also be eligible to work in the UK.