Principal Telecoms Engineer
Principal Telecoms Engineer needed in York.
We are currently looking for a Principal Telecoms Engineer to join our busy and growing team in York. We are working on some of the biggest projects within the Rail Sector.
As one of the key members of the design team, you will support the Discipline Lead on project work and play a key role in the business development of the team.
Design and checking of Operational Telecoms systems that include:
- SPT allocation
- PZT allocation
- Jumper schedules
- Telephone Concentrator Systems
- Copper Cable Networks
- Fibre Optic Networks
- PDH Networks
- SDH Networks
- Radio Systems including GSM-R
- Immunisation, earthing and bonding (EMC)
- Design and checking of SISS systems that include:
- CCTV Systems (Analogue and Digital)
- Public Address/LLPA/PAVA Systems
- Customer Information Systems
- Ticket Vending machines
- Help Points
- Design and checking of other Telecoms systems including:
- Structured Cabling Telephone Systems (Analogue/Digital and VOIP)
- IEng is desirable (or working towards CEng), but additional relevant experience may be accepted in lieu
- BEng or equivalent or HNC/HND
- IRSE Telecoms Design License
- Experience in Telecoms design preferably in Railway applications, including Operational Systems, Station Information and Security Systems (SISS). Working knowledge of European, British and Railway standards would be desirable
- Familiar with NR and/or LU standards.
- Familiar with GRIP and/or RIBA design processes.
If you have the above skills, please submit your CV.