SENCO - 12 month contract. £MPS + TLR2a + SEND Allowance.
We are working with a small, outstanding school in Bolton to recruit a SENCO to cover a 12 month maternity absence from June or July. Ideally, the successful candidate will start a few months earlier to support the current SENCO and ensure a smooth transition.
The school has a steady and loyal staff team and is very well respected in the local area.
The majority of pupils are keen to learn and progress and behaviour is very good across the school.
- overseeing the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEN policy
- co-ordinating provision for children with SEN
- liaising with parents of pupils with SEN
- being a key point of contact with external agencies, especially the local authority and its support services
- liaising with potential next providers of education to ensure a pupil and their parents are informed about options and a smooth transition is planned
- working with the headteacher and school governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010) with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements
- ensuring that the school keeps the records of all pupils with SEN up to date
If you have experience of working as a SENCO, SEN Teacher or Assistant SENCO in a secondary environment and are interested in this role please send your CV via the 'Apply now’ button below or call the Amnis Education office and speak to Emily.
Amnis Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and young people. All Amnis staff must hold an enhanced DBS (CRB) disclosure on the commencement of a work assignment.