Quest Employment, one of the biggest recruiting agencies in the Midlands is recruiting a Northampton Client. Our client is looking for a qualified Paraplanner.
Our client is a Chartered Financial Planning firm, they provide independent financial advice across a comprehensive range of wealth management services which is tailored to individual requirements. Amongst many other products and services, these solutions can include lifestyle financial planning and wealth management, investment strategy, tax planning, estate preservation and specialist pension services.
- Manage and liaise with the firm’s most HNW and technical clients, which includes: research and meeting preparation, cash flow forecasts/investment projections, financial report writing and plan implementation, and administration.
- Maintain the company’s suitability letter templates
- Review and check the administration team’s suitability letters.
- Design and implement excel tools for the business.
- Assist with technical queries from clients and colleagues
- Attend webinars/seminars, debriefing the directors to ensure up-to-date industry knowledge and expertise.
- Conduct regular training with the administration team.
- Review at least annually, and apply the firm’s investment philosophy.
- Produce and maintain TG education pieces.
- Ensure admin team are kept briefed with technical or legislative changes within the industry.
- Establish strong relationships with clients, providers and colleagues.
- Work on wider ad-hoc company projects.
(a full job description is available).
- Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning- or level 4 equivalent
- At least one year’s paraplanning experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of SIPPs, GPPs and Drawdown plans
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to liaise in a professional and concise manner
- Be computer literate, competent with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Have obtained Chartered status- or be working towards
- Preferably G60, G10, G70 qualified or equivalent
- Comprehensive knowledge of SSASs, SIPPs, Drawdown, Occupational Transfers, BPR/EIS Schemes and Trusts
- 3+ years’ experience
- Able to communicate well – both verbal and written
- Good organisational skills
- Be a good "team player" with the ability also to work under their own initiative and manage priorities/deadlines
- Have "an eye for detail"
- Have a methodical, ordered and structured approach to tasks