Part Time Occupational Therapist - Neurodisability
A leading care provider is seeking to appoint an Occupational Therapist to join the company covering their Hospital providing long and short-term rehabilitation, care and support for people with conditions such as acquired or traumatic brain injury, multiple sclerosis and spinal injury.
The company itself is a large established care provider of specialist services in mental health rehabilitation and learning disabilities.
The role will provide leadership, supervision and professional consultation, guidance and advice to a designated specialist Occupational Therapy team. You will be the join the team in providing Occupational Therapy interventions whilst applying an evidence based, flexible and client-centred approach working within the Clinical Services Team to meet the health and social care needs of clients referred to the company.
The main duties include:
- To represent OT as a specialist practitioner within neurological rehabilitation, providing clear, evidence based knowledge and information.
- To manage a caseload of clients with highly complex health and social needs, using evidence based principles to plan and implement effective assessments, interventions and treatment programmes.
- To undertake comprehensive and timely assessments of clients
- To maintain and demonstrate up to date knowledge and skills relevant to the field of practice.
- To take responsibility for ongoing personal and professional development.
Key skills required include:
- You will need to be a qualified, HCPC registered, Occupational Therapist.
- Ideally experience of working in a mental health or learning disability healthcare setting, preferably with the neurodisability
- Adaptable and creative to meet their needs, and have the skills and ability to work with people that may be difficult to engage and with challenging behaviour patterns.
- A proven track record of in staff supervision & team management.
Salary - Circa £27k Pro Rata - 17 Hours a week
If you are interested in this vacancy please send your CV to and I will give you a call. Alternatively you can call me on for more information.
"As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month."