Area Manager Birmingham/Conventry
Are you an experienced Retail Area Manager? Do you have multi-sited retail management experience? This is an exciting opportunity for the Birmingham/Coventry Region.
Poundworld are one of the leading single priced retailers in the UK, we are a part of a family owned business that keeps family values through the core of everything we do.
If you see your next opportunity working for a thriving retail business that has a massive expansion plan of over 400 stores in the next 3 years then this could be the next career move for you.
Salary: £35,000 negotiable depending on experience
Benefits: Excellent benefits including company car and an OTE bonus structure.
Location: Due to growth in the business we are looking for Area Manager in multiple locations in Scotland
Shift Pattern: Full time with flexibility in working hours to meet the needs of the business.
As an Area Manager you will have the responsibility for the overall performance of all stores under their control. This includes sales performance, sales floor standards, target setting, stock control, staffing, compliance and loss prevention.
Competencies for success
- Production and completion of action plans.
- Briefing of any strategic initiatives.
- Ensure performance expectation is communicated.
- Challenge bad practice and barriers to delivering customer satisfaction.
- Recruitment of Store Management.
- Effective succession planning.
- Learning and development plans for all stores.
- Check scheduling and contracts are customer focused.
- Set the standards in each store.
- Give clear instructions on each visit based on I Audit.
- Empowering Management to make business decisions.
- Consistency in decision making process.
- Setting of SMART targets.
- Check and verify all measurements.
- Identify opportunities for business improvement.
- Review goals and recognise success
- Ensure Information requests are actioned.
- Analyse and cascade any data as required.
- Ensure compliance in stores in all relevant Area's e.g. Health and Safety.
- Follow all company procedures
- Foster strong working relationships with all HO support functions.
- Communicate with HRA's and LPM to ensure consistent message.
- Act professionally in all dealings with internal and external parties
- Communicate and share best practice with Colleagues
If you feel like you match what we're looking for please click apply today