If you are a creative lead looking to hit the ground running and make a true impact on websites then we have the perfect role for you! A leading international retailer are growing rapidly and therefore looking to expand in the Marketing team and looking for an awesome Creative lead...
The role of Creative Lead is a new one, recognised by the company as a key role in continuing the commercial success of the retail brands by devising and owning the implementation of a new creative vision. The successful applicant will have ultimate responsibility for the creative quality of the retail websites, all marketing materials and the creative realisation of the brands themselves.
To own the creative direction and be responsible for ensuring the quality of design-led projects and support wider projects within the business as required, ensuring delivery meets the highest of creative standards.
- Responsible for two direct reports (one Creative Design Manager in Northern Ireland and one Creative Design Manager in Portsmouth who manage an overall team of 13 Designers across the two sites.
- Budget responsibility for all external design support
The graphic design team sit in the Commercial Marketing team, at the heart of the Marketing Department. They visually connect the business with customers via all of our channels, and are responsible for all in-house graphic design-led creative outputs. There are stills photographers and videographers withn the Marketing team, as well as web designers, UX designers and others who contribute significantly to the creative outputs of WiggleCRC.
Working closely with the marketing team and others (particularly Buying and Merchandising, UX and IT) to create highly effective, customer-led campaigns, the Design team also work with all other aspects of the business as required to ensure that creative solutions position us ahead of the competition and drive our commercial success/
- Devising and owning a clear creative vision which will support the ongoing commercial success of retail brands
- Taking responsibility for the quality of all creative required by both the retail brands, whether produced within or outside the Design Team which will report in to the Creative Director
- Having a clear understanding of the brands and translating this into a vision for how this is communicated across all channels and devices at all times
- Working with other teams to ensure that all campaigns and initiatives visually compleiment the brand and remain consistent
- Providing creative direction to the business as a whole
- Managing the two Creative Design Managers to ensure all work is delivered to agree timescales and schedules - communicating any opportunities or issues as needed
- Owning the development of the design team, ensuring that they have the skills and knowledge to be best in class
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Degree level qualifications in Web Design, Graphic Design or similar
- Minimum 2 years experience in a Creative Director / Lead or similar role and minimum 5 years design experience
- Experience of leading and developing a team of creative designers
- Experience in designing for mobile and/or for eCommerce retail sites
- Experience in combining video, still photography, graphic design and copy to produce strong commercial results
- A strong design portfolio
- Technically very confident and able to pass on skills to others
- Experience of planning and executing marketing campaigns
- Strong presentation skills
- An enthusiastic and driven team player
- A flexible approach to getting the job done
- An ability to think outside of the box
- A professional manner and able to communicate at all levels, particularly at Board level
- A confident decision maker who can work with a degree of ambiguity
- The ability to work and lead a team effectively and efficiently under pressure
- Highly organised with the ability to manage constantly changing priorities
- Able to attend other sites for which travel may be required