This is a rare and exciting opportunity to be part of an `Opening Team` ….not just for any new hotel, but for the iconic University Arms Hotel in Cambridge, located in the heart of the historic university city. This hotel is due to reopen in the last quarter of 2017 following an extensive multi million pound redevelopment. The hotel will boast over 190 new bedrooms, with suites overlooking the city and Parkers Piece, a destination restaurant and bar, valet car-parking, conference and fitness facilities. We are now recruiting for a Revenue Manager to join our opening team. Start date is expected to be April/May 2017.
Overall Job Purpose
- Develop, lead and communicate hotel`s commercial strategy with Director of Sales and Marketing
- Identify and pursue all areas of revenue maximisation for all revenue streams
- Oversee the day to day management of reservations teams.
- Responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the commercial analysis and evaluations of decisions within all revenue streams.
- Ensure seamless, timeline reporting of information that supports and enhances the hotel`s financial reporting such as forecasting, budgeting and market trends.
Qualifications, Skill and Experience
- Min 2 years in leadership role within Revenue management.
- Experience in all of the above areas.
- Intermediate/advanced MS Excel knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of all other MS Office Applications
- Advance knowledge of hotel`s distribution systems and in-house systems (PMS)
- Precise analytical skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to read trends and take action
- Numerical reasoning
- Perception and visual thinking
- Strong communicator
- Positive approach
- Influencing skills
- Self confidence
- Action orientated/drives for results
- Business acumen and business planning
- Can interact at all levels
- Risk evaluator, followed by positive action
- From detail can translate into bigger picture strategy
This position is full time with a generous salary package of circa £50k (basic plus bonus). We offer a range of benefits and the opportunity to be part of the team opening what aspires to be the best hotel in Cambridge. If you feel that you have the relevant experience and looking for your next challenge please apply now…