A Top 50 Accountancy Firm in Central London are looking to recruit a highly experienced Management Accountant.
My client is looking for a personable Management Accountant to work closely with a portfolio of clients, providing a range of services to from bookkeeping (50%), management accounting (30%), UK VAT and other related services (20%).
The office is located in the heart of the City of London, close to client offices, banks and solicitors. The accountants, tax and business advisers offer specialist advice to motivate both small & medium-sized businesses (SMEs) and larger enterprises chasing growth.
- Accurately updating accounting records from the information and documentation made available
- Meticulous reconciliation of all major control accounts, the preparation of notes and draft management reporting for review by the portfolio supervisor
- The preparation of UK VAT and related returns
- Provision of any related administrative requirements
- Deliver assignments within specified time-frames
- Provide accurate reporting in line with client / HM Revenue & Customs / statutory deadlines
- Ensuring that all hours worked on assignments are correctly recorded.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Part Qualified ACCA/ACA or qualified by experience (4 years + experience in a practice environment)
- Excellent bookkeeping skills and fully experienced in the preparation of UK VAT, related returns and management reporting
- Demonstrably skilled in the use of Sage Line 50, Xero, MS Word and Excel. Experience in the use of Quickbooks and similar accounting solutions will be advantageous
- Good knowledge of UK VAT and related legislation
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Organisation/time management skills
- Communication - good written, verbal and active listening skills
- Confident when dealing with clients and getting your views across
- Methodical and logical thinking
- Team player
- Use initiative to identify problems and provide solutions.
It is essential that the successful candidate has the ability to liaise confidently with clients either on the phone, by email and in person. Candidates should also be able to easily commute into Central London as well as being prepared to travel to see clients.
Competitive salary, company benefits and a stable working environment are available to the successful candidate.
If you meet the criteria above, I look forward to accepting your CV. (Please note that your most current experience should be within a Practice firm)
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.