We have an exciting new role for a Mortgage Administrator who has previous or current experience working for a Mortgage lender, Broker or Building Society. The role is working for a retail bank based in the Chatham, Kent area paying up to £18,500. The key purpose of this role is to provide a high level of service to 3rd parties & new customers, ensuring that daily activities in the Completion team are processed and administered correctly.
Responsibilities for the role of Mortgage Administrator
- Provide a consistently high quality of customer service to both external and internal customers
- Ensure that all enquiries relating to Completions are dealt with promptly, efficiently and in accordance with the Bank's service standards, policies and procedures
- Process Certificate of Titles in line with the Bank's policy and standards
- Handle calls, letters, emails and faxes from Solicitors and mortgage intermediaries in respect of loan completions
- Instruct valuation re-inspections and liaise with the Underwriters where guidance is required.
- Arrange for the release of retentions and Further Advances in line with the Bank's Financial and Credit mandate
- Work the post offer pipeline to ensure that expired and out of date offers are appropriately withdrawn and scanned
- Identify any potential fraudulent activity and escalate any concerns to Management or the Compliance Department immediately.
- Maintain the company's compliance standards and own compliance training
Experience required for the role of Mortgage Administrator
- Previous administrative experience working for a Mortgage lender, Building Society or similar institution
- Experience in a completions role is desirable
- Basic knowledge of the mortgage product life cycle is essential
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access are essential
- Working knowledge of the Data Protection Act, Anti-Money Laundering, MCOBS, MMR and CML
- GSCE/GCE qualifications in both maths and English are essential
Salary: Between £17,000 - 18,500 with extensive benefits and bonus
Location: Chatham, Kent
For more information regarding the role of Mortgage Administrator please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days