Wood Mill Operator
This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled Wood mill Operator to join a vibrant British Timber supplier.
The Wood mill Operator is responsible for ensuring that wood is cut to size using the appropriate equipment and templates provided. Duties include:
- Reviewing job sheets and familiarising yourself with requirements
- Sawing and cutting wood using specialist equipment and techniques to ensure they meet the required size and length
- Monitoring machine operations to detect problems and report these to the Supervisor.
- Set up and load wood onto machine efficiently
- Work to deadlines, ensuring safety at all times
- Start machines, adjust controls and make trial cuts to ensure that machinery is operating properly
- Monitor operation of machines and ensure adjustments to correct problems and ensure conformance to specifications
- Feed stock through feed mechanisms, shaping to produce desired components
- Adhere to Safety Standards at all times
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 2 years experience
- experience with a straight line edge
- experience with a basic cross cut
- experience with a moulding machine
- experience with a planer
If you are interested in applying for this role then please submit your CV to or call for more information.