Media Sales Executive - OTE £45K Lifestyle Magazine
Position: Media Sales Executive - International Lifestyle Magazine
Location: East London
Basic salary: up to £30k basic plus Excellent Commission Structure
Our client is a media and retail solutions company to a growing audience of gay men and woman in the UK. Their media brands are the most famous and established publications in the UK. Due to internal growth they are now looking for a Media Sales Executive.
You will be building on the brand by securing sales in any of the following areas:
- Print Advertising
- Online Advertising
- Event Sponsorships
- Advertorials/Native content
- Social Media
- Brand partnerships
Key Responsibilities of Media Sales Executive:
- Hit personal and team targets on a monthly basis and all KPIs as set out and agreed with the Commercial Manager.
- Phone sales activity on existing regular customers both direct and agency for repeat bookings.
- Visit clients in person including key existing relationships that must be maintained and present to new customers including agencies and major brand clients.
- presenting pitches to direct clients and agency clients.
- Develop a pipeline of new potential clients - using market information, competitor analysis, networking, research of databases and working closely with the editorial and marketing teams.
- Continually develop and use new sales materials including media packs and online media decks and send out to potential clients.
- Liaise with PR firms and 3rd party companies to develop and grow sales pipelines and relationships to increase sales revenue.
- Work on special projects for sponsorship sales.
- Work as part of the team to achieve team sales targets across all income categories, including editorial, marketing and events.
- Take part in weekly/monthly sales planning meetings and development of new business projects.
- Attend industry events to network sales opportunities.
Essential skills and experience for Media Sales Executive:
- Media sales - print and online.
- Evidence of hitting and over achieving on sales targets.
- Pitching and presenting at agency level and direct clients.
- Ability to write bespoke presentations using Powerpoint.
- Working to tight deadlines.
- Maintaining industry advertising rates and increasing them where necessary.
- Negotiating rates and closing deals.
- tenaciousness 'go getter’ attitude to both account managing and sourcing new business.
- Key account management and relationship building.
- Sales orientated and target driven.