Family Therapist - CAMHS
I am currently working on behalf of a market leading healthcare organisation that is seeking to appoint a Family Therapist who will join an experienced staff team within a CAMHS Hospital based in Berkshire.
The successful applicant will have the following responsibilities:
• Undertake specific clinical work with patients and their families in response to the clinical need, in a way which coheres with the overall treatment philosophy of the Unit. This is mainly with in-patients, but may also be without patients and day patients
• Maintain effective clinical records and casework notes in accordance with developing policy
• Work as a member of the multidisciplinary team (MDT) participating in clinical team meetings and other departmental meetings as necessary
• Attend team meetings aimed at facilitating and enhancing team cooperation and performance
• Provide coaching, training, mentoring and management of junior staff and student placements
• Ensure that timely and on-going clinical supervision is received
- To abide by the Code of Conduct of the Association of Family Therapists
- Participate in relevant clinical audit projects as necessary
In order to achieve this our Family Therapist should have:
• A minimum two years' experience as a Family/Systemic Therapist post qualification including work with adolescents
• Assess evaluate and Implement treatment programmes for Young People and Families
• Ability to co-work with a variety of other disciplines
• Knowledge and understanding of Adolescent development
• Skills in applying systemic theory to work with individuals, couples, family systems, groups and organisations across different ethnic backgrounds with cultural sensitivity
• Knowledge of other modalities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Salary - 40-45k
If you are a qualified Family Therapist and are currently looking for new work opportunities then please give me a call on to discuss things further or email your up to date CV to
`As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.