Sales Ledger Controller
A market leading manufacturer in Guiseley seeking an experienced Sales Ledger Controller
Your new company
A market leading manufacturer currently going through a period of growth and investment
Your new role
Description - Sales Ledger Controller Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Monthly Bank Reconciliation of Sterling, Euro and USD accounts.
- Monthly balancing of Sales Ledger Batch Book to Sales Ledger. Running Sales Ledger Month End Procedures and closing Sales Ledger once balanced.
- Balancing cash postings to bank statements and cash books.
- Daily preparation of Sterling, USD and Euro cash. Reporting daily cash figures to Financial Director. Daily posting of Sterling, USD and Euro cash to the Sales Ledger.
- General Sales Ledger enquiries, reviewing credit limits, running credit reports.
- Communicating with sales, regarding credit limits, pro forma invoices, and cash received from apparel customers.
- Attending weekly Credit Control Meeting and writing up and monitoring the actions.
- Reviewing held Masterpiece invoices and releasing once payments have been received. Preparation of weekly spreadsheet detailing held MP invoices.
- Supporting credit controllers during holidays, customer enquiries taking card payments.
- Other responsibilities associated with the role.
What you'll need to succeed
- Good knowledge and experience of Excel and MS Office
- Knowledge of Finance databases
- An open and honest communicator who is not afraid of getting their "hands dirty" with accounting detail.
- Hard working, energetic, intelligent and curious with an interest in manufacturing and proven ability to meet deadlines and targets.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to understand and interpret manufacturing data.
- A person with a positive "can do" attitude who also believes in process and systems.
- Proven experience of taking difficult decisions and seeing them through to completion.
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary, friendly working environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.