Accounts Payable Clerk
My client based in Hemel Hempstead are looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk to join their leading building and construction Business. As an accounts payable clerk, you will be helping with a significant team in the organisation that operate in the Hemel Hempstead office for the South region. The role will be involved in clerical services to support a range of financial activities, reconciliation and control tasks as required within the team.
As a leading company and massive employer in the Hemel Hempstead area, they are a great company for progression, which is proven with the person in this role just being promoted! As a business they deal with a lot of leading technology to improve the way in which our country lives. With the importance of their work they are expanding rapidly, and are set to become a powerhouse in the very near future. The person would be working within the Accounting/Finance team to deliver the necessary accounting and reporting requirements expected within a large complex organisation.
As an accounts payable clerk your role will include:
- To input and match invoices to the Accounts Payable system accurately, on time and to target and carry out supplier statement reconciliations.
- To deal with queries form customers and suppliers in a timely manner
- Liaise with the business to resolve matching issues
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
* Excellent level written and spoken English
* Solid numeracy skills and a great attention to detail is essential
* Previous experience in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable or general Accounts Administration / Transaction or data entry is highly recommended but not essential
* Skills in dealing with invoices, archives, documentation and other financial administration is essential
Competitive salary and an excellent package which includes:
- Pension scheme
- Health Care
- Performance related Bonus.
- Study support