This is a fantastic development opportunity for an ambitious qualified accountant to step up into a Financial Controller role in a fast moving service business. The position reports directly into an experienced Finance Director from whom you will receive support and encouragement to realise your full potential. The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Supervising the management accounts department to ensure delivery of monthly management accounts to local management and parent company
- Overseeing and leading the annual budgeting process and quarterly reforecasting
- Ensuring accuracy of the company’s financial records, signing off reconciliations for UK and parent company
- Monthly cash flow forecasting, ensuring availability of funding to optimise group cash utilisation
- Managing internal and external audits, liaising with advisers where necessary
- Preparation of government returns and ensuring compliance
A key part of this role will also be to provide commercial support and financial analysis to aid decision making, liaising closely with management regarding potential problems and areas for improvement, implementing new processes and controls where necessary. The position will involve business partnering with non-finance colleagues in a busy environment. Knowledge of ERP systems, preferably SAP or Oracle would also be highly beneficial as you will be working with different software and getting involved with a new system implementation later this year. They are keen to recruit someone with the capacity to develop into a more senior role, consideration will be given to candidates who perhaps do not meet all the criteria but can demonstrate strong budgeting experience and the right attitude and drive to succeed.
Only those applicants who have a legal right to work within the UK and possess a suitable amount of UK based finance experience will be considered, candidates already registered will be considered automatically.