Water Design Engineers
My client, a market leader in the UK, is growing dramatically with a rapidly growing client base and are looking to employ qualified Water Design Engineers to join their established team.
You will be based in their Glasgow location but working on projects throughout Scotland . The design teams are critical to the development of this business and core in developing strong relationships with our customers.
Your role will be have responsibility for providing technical leadership and design approval on a range of water infrastructure projects including domestic, commercial, residential and multiple-occupancy properties, providing technical oversight and act as an advisor on a range of projects. You will also be responsible of legislation, regulation and industry standards across all designs.
Key tasks undertaken as part of this role::
- Approve all water infra-structure designs for industrial, domestic and multiple-occupancy projects
- Provide design approval for area of expertise, ensure that designs comply with current water standards, regulation and legislation
- Provide detailed technical support to Designers within area of specialism, ensuring designs achieve quality, safety and cost targets
- Ensure excellent water advisory support, through liaison with all project stakeholders
- Work as part of the Design Engineering team to develop, monitor and maintain a standardised approach to water infrastructure design
- Undertake post-project reviews, identifying opportunities to improve project performance
Essential qualifications, skills and experience::
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering
- Incorporated Engineer recognised by CIWEM, ICE or IWO
- SHEA Water
- Significant, demonstrable experience on a range of water network design projects across industrial, commercial, domestic and multiple-occupancy constructions
- Detailed knowledge of WIRS standards and guidance
- Significant project adoption experience with water companies
- Good knowledge of CAD software and current drawing conventions
- Experience of project contracts, costing and post project analysis
- Knowledge of CDM regulations
If you have the qualifications and experience for this exciting position please forward your CV