Area Sales Manager - Commercial Vehicles
My client is a world leader in the manufacture of systems, modules and components for commercial vehicles. They offer on-vehicle hydraulic systems.
As the Area Sales Manager, it is your responsibility to sell the company's products and services. You are responsible for finding and winning new customers (20%), as well as looking after existing customer accounts (70%0 and to successfully increase the distribution and sales of branded products.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain consistent contact and provide sales and service to all customers, (including potential customers), Trailer Builders, Body Builders, Truck OEM’s, Truck Dealers & Transport Fleets in your assigned region.
- Contribute and support activities to increase business within the UK market.
- Manage and develop all customers and potential customers in assigned area.
- Achieve budgeted sales revenue, margins and new business conquests.
- Participate in the creation of the UK sales budget, taking necessary actions to implement and deliver.
- Using CRM, record your activities and customer visit data; analyse information and use to increase your levels of business. Report regularly to Sales Director UK and other colleagues utilising CRM system.
- Make regularly scheduled sales calls on all major customers.
- Attend trade shows as required to benefit the business.
- Provide a monthly production forecast based on discussion with Key Accounts
- Regular communications of sales calls, activities and results to the Sales Director, and internal teams.
- Provide monthly sales reports, monthly expense reports, and any assigned reports to Sales Director in a timely manner.
- Regular contact with colleagues and customers ensuring co-ordinated approach to maximise efficiency and effectiveness.
- Business Planning:
- Formulate detailed actions to achieve objectives and any other goals given by the Sales Director.
- Interaction with marketing to plan & create advertising campaigns and themes for trade shows.
- Identify and track industry trends and issues - i.e. - natural and economic growth, distributor and customer personell changes, new opportunities, product developments, etc.
- Recommend an expedite /appropriate action plans to the Sales Director as required.
- Results Tracking & Management:
- Implement all tracking/reporting tools, in conjunction with Finance, Customer Service, etc.
- Assist in managing your regional budget and sales for all brands.
- Track and report all competitor activity. (Both sales volumes and products)
- The most important personality attribute is a friendly outgoing social personality
- A background with sales experience with bias to the commercial vehicle industry
- Computer experience (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet)
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Effective oral and written communications
- Ability to multi-task, research and analyze data from multiple sourses.
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with company policy.
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the North with frequent travel to Scotland.
- This position requires you to work as part of the sales team. Teamwork, excellent business acumen, independent judgment and ability to work with minimal supervision is required