FPGA - Development Engineer - London - Up to £65,000
FPGA, VHDL, Firmware, C++, Hardware, Verilog, Xilinx, Altera
FPGA / Embedded Design Engineer
Our client is a world leading manufacturer of specialised recording and work flow systems for the motion capture industry based in London. With a reputation for product quality which is second to none, their product range has been consistently deployed on the biggest grossing movies in production. Due to continued growth they are now looking for a Senior FPGA / Embedded Developer to join their dynamic and fast paced team.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Working in a small team designing and developing new products
- Interfacing with electronic and product design engineers
- HDL development, primarily in VHDL
- FPGA synthesis and implementation
- Design debugging in hardware
- Linux driver development
- Low-level C / C++ development
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Previous product development experience in a fast paced commercial environment essential
- Experience with multi clock domain and pipelined high speed FPGA designs
- Experience of current Xilinx development tools and high end devices an advantage
- Ability to understand circuit board schematic diagrams
- Working knowledge of Linux, device drivers and interfacing with hardware at a low level
- Solid C and basic C++ skills
- Knowledge of digital video and audio an advantage
- Minimum Upper Second Class Honours (2(i) from a good University in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering (will consider Computer Science or similar)
This particular manager is looking to line up interviews after a business trip on Thursday and is able to start as soon as possible.
If that does sound like something you would be interested in hearing more about then please do feel free to get in touch with Lloyd at X4 Group.