Collections Officer - Manchester x 5!!!
A Lender, based in Manchester, has an opportunity for a Collections Officer to join their thriving team.
The successful candidate will join the Collections Department,working a shift rotation of early and late shifts worked between 8am-4.30pm and 11.30am-8pm during the week. The team minimises losses through the collection of accounts where the customer has missed payments.
You will handle a large variety of calls, ranging from taking debit card payments to assisting customers with more severe financial difficulties.
- Review accounts that are behind on their payments to determine appropriate action
- Contact customers to agree satisfactory payment arrangements
- Answer customer enquiries
- Discuss options available to customers who are facing pending court action or eviction dates in order to come to mutually acceptable arrangements which prevent further litigation action
- Adhere to appropriate timescales and regulatory requirements to ensure rehabilitation of customer accounts
- Achieve monthly standards for quality and productivity
- Follow company and TCF guidelines at all times
- 12 months experience in a similar collections role
- Previous experience in regulated financial services
- At least 2 GCSE passes A-C
- IT literacy - keyboard and MS Office skills, including Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Strong telephony skills
Excellent opportunity to work in a dynamic team within a growing company!