The Pets at Home Vet Group has undergone significant growth over the course of the last 2 years and now the largest vet group in the UK. This is a hugely exciting time to join the business with continuing growth and opportunities. We are based in state of the art offices, incredibly friendly and supportive with every chance on offer to be recognised for leading and developing your individual area and making a mark in the business. You must share our passion for pets as we are driven by providing the best in both customer service and pet care throughout the Group and our 400+ vet practices over the UK.
We are seeking an experienced Payroll Supervisor to lead the new Payroll Team based in our Swindon Support Office. You will be part of a dedicated team who together administer the Vet Group (subsidiary of Pets at Home Group) payroll for approximately 4,500 colleagues and growing, providing an efficient and effective payroll service.You will report to the Payroll Manager based in our Pets at Home Group office in Cheshire.
- Supervision of the payroll team (5) to achieve departmental and organisational objectives through training and daily resource planning
- Reviewing work prepared by the team
- Preparation of payroll/pension analysis for internal management
- Reconciliation of data for submission to HMRC
- Liaison with various HR and Finance Teams throughout the organisation
- 2nd line of escalation for payroll queries and issues
- Assist with rollout and training of new processes into BAU
- Monitoring and reporting against a Service Level Agreement (to be defined) with Vets Group
- Provide cover for the Payroll Manager
- Maintenance of the integrity of the data held within the payroll system
- Provide a professional payroll service to the Vets
- Keep up to date with all current payroll legislation
- You will have sound experience to lead a team although you will be supported by a Payroll Manager based in Cheshire. However it is essential that you will be able to demonstrate your ability to Lead
- Previous experience of administering payroll within an office environment is essential.
- It is essential you have a good understanding of current payroll legislation.
- Previous experience of using SAP payroll solution is desirable but not essential.
- The successful candidate must be well organised and must work to a high level of accuracy and have keen attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills. You will need to have strong written and verbal communication skills as you will be liaising with a large number of colleagues from all areas of the business.
- Excellent computer /PC Skills. The candidate will be required to be computer literate in Word and Excel.
- Must possess the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Must be an honest and trustworthy individual who is able to comfortably handle confidential information.
20% discount at Companion Care/Vets4Pets Surgeries, Pets at Home
28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
4 x life assurance scheme
Treats - Voluntary benefits
Colleague Of the Month awards
Private Health Care
Lifeworks - online rewards
Employee Assistance Programme - Retail Trust
Cycle to work scheme
Beauty Therapist/Hairdresser on site by appointment
Groom Room - visits once a month