Are you ready to take on the responsibility for housekeeping in a brand new concept hotel in the Lake District?
Our client has created a new concept hotel which will be opening in the summer of 2017. They are looking to have their teams in place by June, ready for the soft launch in July followed by a full launch in August.
They are a business which very much focuses on their staff which, demonstrably, results in an enhanced guest experience, customer loyalty and a high occupancy rate.
Investment in staff training and development is a key reason for the success of this business and they actively promote from within, wherever possible.
Promoting a good work / life balance is important to this employer and they do everything they can to ensure that all staff work no more than 40 hours a week, get straight shifts, wherever possible, and have at least two days off per week.
With an eye on other property acquisitions across the UK, this company is committed to expansion and they are looking for talented individuals to join them on this exciting journey.
About the job
- Dealing with suppliers of linen, cleaning materials and guest supplies, such as soap, shampoo, etc.
- Controlling supply costs, as well as laundry, maintenance and wages
- Scheduling staff rotas
- Overseeing stocktakes, budgets and other paperwork, such as maintenance reports and safety audits
- Ensuring lost property is kept safely and returned to its owner
- Possibly overseeing supervisors and linen room and cleaning supplies staff
- An awareness of green issues
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a head housekeeper in a similar property.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Good leader/staff motivator
- Team player
- Good communicator
- Understanding nature/good listener
- Calm under pressure
- Customer service focused
- Basic IT skills
What’s on offer
- Free uniform designed by Joules
- A beautiful, well equipped workplace in the Lake District National Park
- A collaborative, supportive working environment
- Excellent career prospects in an ever-expanding organisation
- Special rates for you and your friends & family to stay at sister hotels
- Staff discounts on treatments in Swim Club
- Social events throughout the year
Working in the UK
We can only consider applications from people who have the right to work in the UK / EU. Please visit the UK Government website for current guidance.
Knight Benton Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary and relief staffing services.
Our service to candidates (jobseekers) is free and confidential.
Hotel, Hospitality, Restaurant and Chef Recruitment and Jobs in Cumbria, the Lake District and across the UK