Head of Indirect Channel Partner - Consumer Mobile
As the Head of Indirect Channel Partner, Consumer Mobile we're looking for a real powerhouse in client management and negotiation skills, as in this role you will be leading the relationship with a channel partner responsible for more than 50% of all sales achieved by one of the biggest telecoms firms in the UK.
This means billions in annual sales across both pay monthly, pay and go and sundry sales too! So as you can expect, it's incredibly important this relationship succeeds and thrives. But this relationship is also supported by one of the most intricate and complex contracts in the telecoms space, with lots of moving parts, challenging commercial and relationship pieces that need close management and influencing into that commercial partner in order to ensure value and volume metrics are achieved.
Your role will be to create and facilitate delivery of a mobile device manufacturer level business plan. Working closely with both internal and external stakeholders to create partnerships across things like: tactical retail promotions, merchandising opportunities, retail based engagement and promotion programmes. You will have a deep understanding of performance across consumer retail and how to drive it out of these types of indirect retail partner accounts, creating action plans to strengthen the business' commercial and competitive positioning.
As the person responsible for leading the account engagement, you will develop the business plan for this key account. What this translates into are quarterly trading agreements which incorporate everything laid out above, as well as larger and more complex negotiations such as the overarching 5 year partnership deal.
Relationship management is going to be critical; you need to become the single conduit for access in and out of this client partner and be in total control of what's going on and when. From planning daily interactions, spotting, creating and delivering partnership approaches, setting up and chairing quarterly business reviews, etc. You're also going to be the key person leading on any commercial contract framework agreement.
You will have a team supporting you, 5 experienced senior commercial and account management people who will help with the less complex or challenging aspects of the relationship, as well as a dedicated legal, finance and other commercial support function too.
They're looking for a number of key things in this role being:
- Gravitas - the ability to work at CxO level within your own business, as well as client partner operations
- You've dealt with contractual partners of similar scale and complexity as there is in this role
- Sales and commercial skills - to navigate successfully within the client partner
- A fine eye for detail, you can get your head around complex contracts with lots of moving parts like these, but are also able to make the right calls and decisions to when certain elements need to be enforced and relaxed, keeping an eye on the longer term and bigger picture
- Knowledge of retail channels - will be critically important as things like having the right propositions in place, and things like sell through volume commitments are achieved through having the right retail presence, etc.
This really is a massively important position and will suit someone with a big character and lots of relevant experience, who's either currently leading a major account within or for another telecom or consumer technology based business, such has a mobile handset manufacturer managing the relationship back in to a network provider or other indirect channel retailer.
If you're interested in knowing more about this opportunity, get in touch today to find out.
Role: Head of Indirect Channel Partner - Consumer Mobile
Salary: to circa £100,000 basic
Benefits: £7k car allowance, 25% bonus, PMI, life assurance, pension & lots more
- Experience leading the relationship of a major account within the telecoms of consumer technology space. It has to be an account of scale and complexity, responsible for achieving hundreds of £m's in revenue
- Excellent negotiation skills, great track record of establishing and negotiating big value deals and partnerships with other big brand businesses - similar to negotiating a deal to launch something like a new iPhone or Galaxy S8, for example
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to collaborate, motivate and inspire teams to deliver successfully
- Analytical thinker with an eye for detail. Must have the demonstrable ability to pick apart complex performance data, interpreting them into clear action plans and spotting commercial opportunities
- Experience in consumer retail channels - namely the contractual arrangements for products and services sold within retail channels - ensuring the right propositions are in place and presence is correct as per contracts, etc.
- Got to have synergies of experience with the types of challenges you're going to face in this type of role, negotiating the types of competitive deals network providers need to do with big brand manufacturers in the telecoms and technology space
- Excellent relationship development skills, able to handle difficult and challenging people successfully, strengthening relationships.
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK
For further information please contact:
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com