Media Sales Manager - Oil & Gas
Leading publisher in the global energy industry is looking for a talented B2B sales person who has demonstrable success in display advertising sales (minimum four years) and selling lead generation. Ideally would also have experience of selling to large organisations and overseas clients.
You will be working as part of a growing team to secure marketing and advertising revenue from businesses across the energy sector. Global clients will include oil companies, service providers, engineering and construction firms, law firms, consultancies, and government agencies.
Key duties will be to achieve and exceed sales targets across print and digital advertising by servicing existing clients and developing new business. Strong verbal and written communication skills are a core requirement of this role. The successful candidate will be target-driven, self-motivated and intelligent
The successful candidate will:
- Sell a new suite of lead generation products, such as whitepaper reports and webcasts, to consultancies and law firms.
- Sell digital and print display advertising primarily by phone, but with some international travel expected to meet clients.
- Maintain and develop their client base to maximize revenue
- Understand and communicate the needs of the advertiser base in order to assist with new product development.
- Ideally educated to degree standard. Must be numerically confident
- Proven B2B media sales experience
- Established experience of maximising client revenue through creativity, use of initiative, and accessing multiple budgets
- Must be trained in sales techniques, with a proven ability to negotiate and close
- An understanding of the media and the benefits of different advertising formats is also essential
- Knowledge of or contacts in the energy and petrochemicals market would be an advantage