Quality Assurance Manager Sittingbourne £30-40K
My client is currently seeking a QA Manager for their Plastic Injection Moulding Factory in Sittingbourne.
Previous or current experience as a QA Manager within an Engineering Company is desirable.
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for, and will control and monitor all aspects of quality control in the factory and for the company. The management of the QC department, systems and policy.
• To work closely with the Directors of the company to ensure that the quality standards are maintained at a high standard.
• To control and upkeep the Environmental waste policy on a day to day basis. To work with the Operations Director to maintain the Health and Safety policy within the company.
• To liase with the sales department, suppliers and staff regarding all aspects of Quality Control.
• To work with the Operations Director and Process Technicians to introduce new materials where appropriate to enable the company to comply with European legislation.
• To develop and maintain Quality Control reports detailing all aspects of Quality Control within the company.
• To take effective control of Customer Complaints answering and installing corrective measures to resolve any issues.
• To monitor and control the quality checks and records for all bought-in products. This includes colour and specification controls.
• To introduce and control quality training for all production employees as part of an induction training programme.
• To control and monitor the introduction of new products brought into the company to ensure that they comply with customer/quality requirements.
• To complete any reasonable task required ensuring the smooth operation of the production departments.
• To ensure all relevant quality paperwork is completed as required and supplied to all relevant staff to collate the information for BSI records.
• To ensure that training records are maintained and updated as required for all the staff under your control.
• To ensure that accurate records are maintained regarding the attendance records of all your staff in the Quality Control Department.
• To ensure that discipline in the Quality Control department is maintained, in line with the company handbook and disciplinary action is taken against staff if required.
• To comply with all the requests of all Directors of the company.
All managers are expected to adopt a "hands-on" approach to their role.