Maintenance Engineer Mechanical
About The Facility
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it's no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The Estates Team covers 35 Buildings across the Harley Street Campus providing Building services and Maintenance (Electric and Engineering)
As part of the Estates team the successful applicant will have access to all of HCA's fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organisation based in one of London's most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Building Services Engineer to join our world class Estates team on a permanent Basis.
The post holder will assist the Estates Manager to maintain the main Clinic and it's satellites to a very high standard of repair and ensures that the engineering/maintenance services are delivered to the highest possible standard and meet the requirements of the hospital.
The projected salary for this post is£26,983 - £31,807per annum depending on experience
This role is required to cover the service from Monday - Sunday (40 Hours a week) with Paid Saturday Shift On-call on internal rotation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To assist the Estates Manager/Team Leader in the development and implementation of a planned prevention maintenance programme.
- To work on planned preventative maintenance schedules, in line with departmental goals and objectives
- To manage the maintenance of clinical equipment, air conditioning, ventilation, lighting, lifts, fire evacuations and be a member of the fire team.
- To respond to emergency and unforeseen maintenance requests
- To advise the Line Manager on necessary repairs and maintenance as required
- To carry out all work in adherence to Health and Safety and COSHH policies and guidelines
- To take part on the On Call Rota as required
- To share knowledge within the team thus promoting a cohesive team environment
Skills & Experience
- City & Guilds in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in running, plumbing, heating and cooling of ventilation systems is essential
- A good level of experience within a similar role or organisation is ideal
- Strong command of the English language both written and verbal
- Flexibility to respond to the needs of the hospital and to cover shifts/on call requirement
- Health & Safety, COSHH and Lifting/Handling courses would be an advantage
About The Individual
This is a Customer facing role requiring the post holder to liaise with colleagues at various levels within the Hospital and also interact with Patients; therefore you will have exceptional interpersonal and customer Service skills. The ability to respond flexibly to the needs of the service and the hospital is essential. They will be proactive quick learner and use their initiative to get things done, this role requires the resilience to work during any weather conditions therefore a 'can-do attitude' is essential.