Tool Room/Machine Shop Supervisor
Tool Room/Machine Shop Supervisor - Surrey - £25-28000pa plus benefits - Start ASAP.
Our Surrey based client is a leader in the design and manufacture of testing equipment used in a variety of applications.
They require a Tool Room Supervisor/Mechanical Assembly Supervisor to mechanically assemble and fit, modify and check parts of machines and accessories for timely dispatch and meeting of department and company objectives.
* To mechanically assemble and build "testing" machines and other accessories, mechanically fitting parts including wiring looms and electronic displays
* Competent use of Pillar Drill, Manual Lathe, Manual Milling machine and Horizontal Grinder, and other associated tool room equipment.
* Fabricate/make special tools when required
* To organise and keep tooling in good order
* To assist with stock count
- Keep work station and area clean and tidy
- Supervise staff
Solid Mechanical Engineering background.
Close tolerance assembly skills in a machine build environment.
Able to read and interpret engineering drawings, general assembly drawings and geometric tolerances.
Able to operate a variety of hand/machine tools.
Supervisory experience in a Machine Shop/Tool room environment.
Time served Mechanical Apprenticeship, City and Guilds, NVQ or BTEC qualifications or equivalent of ONC standard minimum.
Please contact Steve Read at Search Technical for more details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.