Functional Nurse Assessor -Birmingham - £34,000
Due to exciting expansion plans, a leading provider of 3rd party services are looking to hire multiple Functional Assessors to work in partnership with the DWP providing assessment services across the Birmingham area.
You must be a qualified nurse, OT, Paramedic or physiotherapist with an active Pin with NMC or HCPC to be considered for these positions.
On a day to day basis this will involve working in a non-clinical capacity to undertake face to face assessments of individuals who are making claims for Personal Independence Payments. These assessments will take place in either the claimant’s home or local clinic. This will also involve completing paper based assessments in instances where the claimant may not be able to meet face to face.
You will need to take into account all of the information presented, including any supporting evidence (eg claimant’s questionnaire and information from GP’s or Specialists) and then carry out a face to face consultation.
Ultimately this will be presented in a fully justified and structured report to the DWP containing recommendations based on a range of existing assessment criteria. This will reflect a full history including claimant conditions, impact on living standards and more.
To perform this exciting role you will have experience as follows:
- Demonstrable post-registration experience as an Occupational Therapist (OT), Physiotherapist, Nurse or Paramedic with a licence to practice
- Must be registered with the NMC / HCPC / GMC with a valid PIN.
- Ability to work autonomously across a geographical area and hold a full UK Driving Licence.
- Possess sufficient clinical knowledge to read and understand complex claimant information
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent questioning skills with the ability to extract information from both informal and formal conversations with claimants
This is an excellent position for a qualified nurse, OT, Paramedic or physio looking for a change of direction in their career.
With an excellent starting salary of £34k and a strong set of benefits including Life Assurance and Pension this is an opportunity not to be missed.
Please contact Jessica Torrie at Foresight Recruitment with a current CV to discuss in further detail.