Electrical Design Engineers
My client, a market leader in the UK, is growing dramatically with a rapidly growing client base and are looking to employ qualified Electrical Design Engineers to join their established team.
You will be based in their Glasgow location but working on projects throughout Scotland . The design teams are critical to the development of this business and core in developing strong relationships with our customers.
Your role will be have responsibility for providing technical leadership and design approval on a range of water infrastructure projects including domestic, commercial, residential and multiple-occupancy properties, providing technical oversight and act as an advisor on a range of projects. You will also be responsible of legislation, regulation and industry standards across all designs.
Key tasks undertaken as part of this role::
- Approve all electrical infra-structure designs for industrial, domestic and multiple-occupancy projects
- Provide design approval for area of expertise, ensuring that designs comply with current electrical standards, regulation and legislation
- Provide detailed technical support to Designers within area of specialism, ensuring designs achieve quality, safety and cost targets
- Ensure excellent electrical advisory support, through liaison with all project stakeholders
- Provide regular technical updates to the Design team, ensuring a consistent approach to design
- Undertake post-project reviews, identifying opportunities to improve project performance
Essential qualifications, skills and experience::
- Significant, demonstrable experience on a range of electrical project including:
- Low Voltage domestic
- Low Voltage industrial /commercial
- High Voltage cable networks
- Substation layouts
- Detailed knowledge of applicable standards and guidance including ENA, G81/G88
- Good knowledge of CAD software and current drawing conventions
- Working knowledge of WinDEBUT software
- Good knowledge of utilities market, including DNO / IDNO arrangements and policies
- Experience of project contracts, costing and post project analysis
- Knowledge of CDM regulations
If you have the qualifications and experience for this exciting position please forward your CV