BMS Controls Engineer
BMS Controls Engineer required for High Containment site near Woking
Your new company
A world leading and highly respected research centre based near Woking.
Your new role
The Electrical and Controls Specialist Equipment Owner is responsible for the Management of the Building Management Systems, site monitoring, control and electrical systems. Ownership of the planned preventative maintenance of a highly automated high containment site. Including HV , LV and the control and instrumentation element of HVAC and process plant, high containment drainage and effluent treatment plants and equipment, standard building services including gases, water, compressed air, steam, condense and refrigeration systems. Working closely with the Estates Management Services teams to ensure a high level of engineering excellence.
What you'll need to succeed
You must be qualified to either BTEC / HND /HNC / ONC / City & Guilds in Electrical, Electronic, Instrumentation Process Engineering or suitable Vocational training and work experience.
The following experience is required:
- Technical Management experience.
- Experience of the control of reactive and planned works.
- Time served through an apprenticeship / vocational training with a working knowledge of Trend, Schneider Johnstone's, Sauter, Abb, CMR or Honeywell systems.
- Have a minimum of 3 years' experience in the Electrical and Controls industry and be HV authorised with a good understanding of three phase systems.
- Ability to trouble shoot using Root Cause Analysis.
- Have a good understanding of Plant and Equipment operating strategies.
- Have a good understanding of DDC / PLC controls to programme level.
- Calibration of field equipment.
- Fault Finding of panel wiring diagrams.
- Fault finding of Software flow diagrams.
- Understanding of IT BMS Networking.
- Have a good understanding of Condition Based Monitoring and control of plant and equipment using Building Management Systems (TREND/Schneider/Johnson Controls) including monitoring and responding to critical and secondary monitoring system alarms for high containment systems including HVAC, effluent, small power electrical distribution systems, control systems, voice and data systems, alarm systems and refrigeration.
- IT competent in MS office in particular Excel spread sheets.
What you'll get in return
Salary is between £32,000 - £35,000 per year. Annual leave is 25 days on appointment plus 10.5 days public and privilege days. The Institute has a subsidised child care scheme, staff restaurant and free parking. A competitive pension scheme is also offered.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.