Deupty Home Manager / Clinical Lead
We are excited to be working in partnership with a charitable organisation in supporting in the appointment of a Deputy Care Home Manager / Clinical Lead. This organisation is really about the care of the residents and we are keen to find a great and passionate individual to support in the day to day running of the residential home.
- To work within the ethos of the Institute of the charity.
- To assist the Home Manager with the day to day management of the home; particularly in relationship to clinical matters
- To work with andact as a positive role model to the staff team.
- To ensure that a high quality service is provided commensurate with the aims and objectives of the home, the needs and wishes of the residents and regulatory standards.
- Assist the Home Manager to ensure the Home is fully compliant with all relevant legislation and standards; and in particular clinical practice.
- Be familiar with and comply with all Institute policies / procedures. Monitor staff to ensure they work in accordance with policies / procedures.
- Carry out and submit clinicalaudits, as delegated by the Home Manager, within the required timescales.
- Assist the Home Manager to ensure action is taken to comply with action plans generated from audits, risk assessments, inspection reports etc., within the required timescales.
- Ensure the residents’ needs are met as fully as possible, in a manner that ensures their dignity is respected.
- Ensure that residents are consulted with and participate in all aspects of their care, where possible.
- Monitor staff practice to ensure care is provided in a manner that promotes choice, autonomy and independence.
- In consultation with residents and their representatives carry out comprehensive assessments of residents’ needs / wishes, plan care / support effectively taking residents preferences into account, and carry out reviews in line with policy,involving all relevant parties as needed.
- In consultation with residents and their representatives carry out risk assessments and implement risk management plans which are respectful of residents’ right to take informed risks.
- Ensure that care plans are designed to place residents at the centre of their care, treatment and support by enabling them to make decisions.
- Ensure that the key worker system is working effectively and that all staff are actively participating in the care planning process - in a manner commensurate with their role.
- Facilitate a holistic approach to care by understanding the importance of residents’ life experiences, relationships, their needs and wishes.
- Monitor staffs’ performance and provide guidance, advice and support as necessary. Report any concerns about performance and conduct to the Home Manager.
- Carry out formal supervision for each member of staff at least six times per year and an annual appraisal (as delegated by the Home Manager).
- Assist the Home Manager to ensure that staffing levels are commensurate with the needs of the residents by rota planning and organising cover in the event of staff sickness and / or annual leave. Ensure that the staff on duty have the right knowledge, experience, qualifications and skills to support residents.
- Assist the Home Manager to effectively monitor and manage staff absence. Carry out back to work interviews.
- Assist the Home Manager to ensure that staff records and administration are kept up to date e.g. timesheets, sickness records, personal files, training records etc.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of new staff including shortlisting and interviewing applicants as a member of an interview panel.
- Assist with the induction of new staff ensuring that they are familiar with the work environment, care plans, policies and procedures, ethos of the home, their role within the home and expectations in respect of professional behaviour. Support new care staff to complete the Skills for Care induction.
- Ensure staff deliver services in a way that ensures residents’ human rights and diversity are respected.
- Assist in promoting the retention of staff by ensuring opportunities for personal development and ensuring they feel valued in their role.
- Assist the Home Manager to arrange training, maintain the training matrix and ensure all staff attend training courses.
- Support the nursing team to access specialist training in order to meet revalidation with NMC
- Promote effective communication by participating and facilitating staff meetings, handovers, and by completing the communication book, diaries etc.