Restaurant Manager Career Opportunity in the Lake District
Our client has created a new concept hotel which will be opening in the summer of 2017. They are looking to have their teams in place by June, ready for the soft launch in July followed by a full launch in August.
They are a business which very much focuses on their staff which, demonstrably, results in an enhanced guest experience, customer loyalty and a high occupancy rate.
What you will be doing
- Have a passion for and understanding of good food and great wine
- Have an excellent working knowledge of all menus
- Take responsibility for food and beverage at functions and events
- Manage drinks lists, including wine, within brand and financial parameters
- Work with the GM/head chef to continually improve all aspects of food and beverage service.
- Oversee the training and development of the F & B team, both scheduled and on the job
- Ensure that the team have excellent product knowledge
- Ensure that all revenue, payroll and overhead budgets are met and that costs directly reflect business levels.
- Oversee all beverage ordering and deliveries to ensure effective stock control and to minimize wastage.
- Take responsibility for Health and Safety within the F & B areas and enforce all food hygiene/health & safety/fire regulations, attending any training as required
- Ensure that departmental risk assessments are completed and reviewed regularly.
What you will bring to the role
- A minimum of 3 years in a senior management position within an independent hotel or restaurant
- Previous experience of managing a large team
- Knowledge of HR procedures
- A good understanding of customer care and complaint handling
- A proven track record of consistently achieving financial targets.
- A WSET qualification or equivalent.
- Experience of running events including weddings and private dining.
- Barista experience
- Inspirational leader and team motivator
- Decision maker
- Customer service focused
- Excellent communication skills
- Calm under pressure
- Computer literate
What’s on offer
- Free uniform designed by Joules
- A beautiful, well equipped workplace in the Lake District National Park
- A collaborative, supportive working environment
- Excellent career prospects in an ever-expanding organisation
- Special rates for you and your friends & family to stay at sister hotels
- Staff discounts on treatments in Swim Club
- Social events throughout the year
Working in the UK
We can only consider applications from people who have the right to work in the UK / EU. Please visit the UK Government website for current guidance.
Knight Benton Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary and relief staffing services.
Our service to candidates (jobseekers) is free and confidential.
Hotel, Hospitality, Restaurant and Chef Recruitment and Jobs in Cumbria, the Lake District and across the UK