Management Accountant - Permanent - Southampton - £30,000 - £35,000 + study support
About the role
The role of the GLH Finance team is to provide strong financial support, management and robust challenge within the business, enabling the Profit Centre Managers to deliver their monthly Profit Centre information and reporting in a timely and safe manner, help drive growth and improved profitability as well as aiding effective and efficient management of, and decision making across the business. The team will also ensure a strong financial control environment exists, and proactively support/police the adherence to Capita policies and procedures whilst encouraging continuous improvement. We support all of our teams with a Business Partnering approach, candidates should be prepared to become a Finance Business Partner within our division providing support to all levels of staff across our Profit Centres.
Capita plc is the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions.
The Role & Responsibilities
Financial Management and Reporting
- Monthly Profit Centre reviews, challenge performance and produce and ensure integrity of monthly forecasts
- Production of monthly management accounts within set deadlines, ensuring accurate reflection of financial performance and variances
- Help Profit Centre managers drive growth and improved profitability and operational resilience by utilisation and monitoring of appropriate KPI's and other management information
- Robust review and challenge of WIP
- Assist in the annual Business Plan process
- Review, Challenge and Process Intercompany movements
Working Capital Management
- Review and monitoring of WIP days and WIP values at project and Profit Centre level
- Assist with Transition project work as required
- Ensuring project/job income to forecast are challenged, updated and maintained on a monthly basis
- Ensure regular review and updating of SAP cost rates/charge-out rates, in liaison with Profit Centre Managers
- Assist with maintaining financial integrity of Desktop for multiple business units.
- Part Qualified ACCA or CIMA working towards qualification
- Ability to work independently of supervision and be proactive in all areas of the role.
- Strong Excel skills
- Attention to detail but also being able to see the "bigger picture"
- Team player with "hands on" approach
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to liaise with non-finance staff and at all levels
- Analytical and logical problem solving skills
- Highly organised with strong time management.
- Able to keep a level head during busy periods
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar role
- Confident and personable nature
- Experience of working with a payroll function
- Worked within a complex business unit and cost centre environment, dealing with different product/service streams
- SAP Experience
- Axiom Experience
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.