Based in Uxbridge, Middlesex, our client is an international and well-established business with an excellent reputation for quality is looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis.
This job would suit a finalist or qualified AAT professional or early stage CIMA/ACCA studier with good double entry bookkeeping skills who will support the efficient operation of the accounting and treasury functions.
This company is an award-winning market leader with over 70 years' experience, employing over 800 people across the UK.
The successful individual will have great IT and Excel skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines with a high degree of attention to detail and understanding. The candidate must be able to communicate with people at all levels and have previous experience in a financial environment. A highly numerate and analytical mind-set is essential as is the ability to multi task.
Duties will include:
- Preparing month end journals and adjustments, including accruals and prepayments
- Collaborate with outsourced Accounts Payable function to ensure correct charge is posted to P&L
- Assisting in Gross Profit weekly review
- Supporting Business Partner with month end reporting and other tasks as required
- Act as a first point of contact for branch queries
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Other internal and external reports preparation/submission
- Assisting in Annual budgets preparation
- Organising and filing documents
- Support the activities of other teams as required
- Ensure the timely completion of relevant paperwork in line with both company and legislative requirements
- Maintain an effective filing system, ensuring details are accurate and well documented
- Maintain and control accurate data using legislative and company systems
- Comply with the company's business ethics and standards of excellence
- Ensure adherence to personal activity and revenue targets
- Maintain profitability through the Company fee structure
For more information about this role or any other Assistant Accountant jobs in Uxbridge, Middlesex, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability