About The Facility
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas. We offer a premium service in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, cardiac care and acute neurological rehabilitation.
We are excited to be able to offer an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse to join the outpatient department within our Platinum Medical Centre. The PMC is the largest private diagnostic and outpatient centre in the country and will serve 70,000 outpatients every year. The PMC houses an extensive state-of-the-art diagnostic and imaging centre, complete with seven floors of 50 consulting rooms, 4 day surgery theatres, and a 12 bedded day surgery unit.
As a Staff Nurse you will work as part of a team to ensure a high standard of nursing care and safety for patients and all service users within OPD.
This is a full time, permanent post (37.5 hours per week).
The projected salary range is £31,630 - £35,822 per annum, dependent on experience.
closing date for applications: 16th April 2017
Duties & Responsibilities
To demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions.
- Assist in the organisation of clinics to ensure smooth and efficient operations.
- Assist in nurse-led clinics and carrying out observations, investigations and treatments as required.
- Ensure equipment is in good working order and maintain accurate records of patient care.
- Organise tests and appointments both within and outside the hospital.
- Provide patients and families with information regarding the management of their condition.
Skills & Experience
- Experience working within an outpatients department would be advantageous but not essential.
- Early recognition of clinical problems and report or take appropriate action
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures.
- Phlebotomy training is desirable.
- You will be diplomatic, empathetic and tactful, with a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience.
About The Individual
As part of the HCA group, we offer a market-leading benefits package including staff pension, flexible annual leave scheme, full private healthcare, dental insurance and much more.
On top of this we're very keen to promote from within our team and with a very clear structure, there is a lot of scope to develop your career and learn new skills.
Please note we will close this role early if a suitable number of applicants are received