Configuration Team Leader
Configuration Team Leader
Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire
Salary: £35,000 to £42,000 depending on experience
Our client, in Leighton Buzzard, is the sole supplier of galleys and trolley compartments for the Airbus A350. Their business is rapidly expanding and ramping up as the new aircraft enters production and with the impact of this programme alone means that production rates will increase from typically one ship-set per month to 13 per month. This will be sustained for at least the next ten years, with further programmes expecting to be added to the portfolio. If you want to be part of a major strategic programme, then this could be the opportunity for you.
Nature of work for the Configuration Team Leader:
- To lead and manage the Configuration team to include, the on-going recruitment, development and performance of management of all individuals to support business audits and the Change and Configuration control process such that audits are conducted in a timely manner, ensuring that findings are commuted into SMART actions.
- Lead the team to initiate improvement plans in coordination with the business goals and audit findings, supporting ‘action owners’ with regards to developing mitigations to correct findings – thereby embedding actions to prevent reoccurrence
- Execute the audit programme, planning the audits such that audits are completed in a timely manner with minimal impact on business delivery
- Deliver the audit findings in terms of support to the ‘actionee’ to ensure corrective actions are taken with robust implementation to negate reoccurrence
- Responsible for effective application of the audit methodology, for the closure of actions to achieve the desired results, and document management to include document mapping to ensure that the status of all business critical documentation is identified and verified in regards to change / version control
- Ensure that Configuration Control is pragmatically applied throughout the structures business
- Develop and integrate a Configuration Control plan within the business
- Ensure that EMERGE is fully supported by Configuration Control
- Work with production and planning departments to ensure manufacturing capability is maintained throughout the life cycle
- Support the business to manage the flow of engineering change throughout the program lifecycle
- Support with regards iQMS, to use iQMS as a vehicle to manage change and configuration
- Use of Q Pulse
- Any other reasonable duties
What you need in becoming the successful Configuration Team Leader:
- HNC level or equivalent in a mechanical/manufacturing engineering discipline
- Significant experience in a similar role
- Line management experience
- Audit processes
- ISO9001 experience
- EASA experience
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, or regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers
- ISO10007 Guidelines for configuration management
- Cashback Healthcare Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday + BH
If you meet the above criteria then please apply now!