Our Global and award winning client, is currently recruiting for a Commercial Finance Manager, who will be responsible for the delivery of all financial accounting and commercial support including - financial and management accounting, financial analysis and compliance and you will need to have a good understanding of month and year end and as well as closing of accounts and familiar with SAP, ideally gained in an IT organisation. This is a exciting opportunity to join a international growing organisation that is set to dramatically grow within the UK in the next 12 months, this role will eventually progress into a more senior role, so this role would be ideal for a candidate who is looking to progress within their career.
- To provide management accounting support, including reports, analysis, presentations and participation in major financial and business decision making.
- To prepare ad hoc reports and analysis on business performance
- To prepare and reconcile the monthly, quarterly and annual financial results, forecasts and business plans
- To participate in bid reviews, risk reviews and client engagements / negotiations
- To take a lead role, when necessary to assist with commercial negotiations with clients and suppliers to ensure financial position is well protected and commercial and contractual risk is minimised.
- To undertake the preparation of the monthly accounts
- To manage the financial transactional processing
- To undertake the analysis of the actual monthly, quarterly and annual financial results
- To support the financial and commercial evaluation of individual contracts / projects (including pre-sales activities) for key business areas
- To support the preparation and presentation of the annual budget
- To provide financial and commercial advice and assistance, to ensure the overall business objectives are achieved with sufficient financial and commercial protection
- To manage month end management information reporting for the business including actual results, forecasts, WIP and invoicing,
- To ensure accurate and timely production of data in user friendly format. to ensure corporate deadlines for the submission of reporting is consistently achieved
- To support the development of the financial, MI and commercial systems, structure and processes to support the current and future requirements of the business area/s.
- To introduce new methods and 'best practice’ management accounting in the business areas
- To ensure 'inter-company’ charges are reconciled and agreed on a monthly basis
- To provide support to financial and commercial initiatives and projects in own business areas
Skills and experience:
- The Commercial Finance Manager will have proven experience within an operational finance role with responsibility for statutory accounting & reporting ideally gained in an IT organisation
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures including statutory account preparation and managing audits and experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- High level of IT literacy and competence, including experience of SAP and advanced level in Excel
- High level of numeracy demonstrated by ability to analyse data drawing out key issues and articulating them in a business context You will have proven experience of working with business managers to ensure that effective commercial management is applied to business operations.
The Commercial Finance Manager will be based in Central London but the successful candidate must be flexible, as some UK travel may be required.
Up to £60,000 plus a excellent benefits package