Steel Financial Controller, London
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an international steel trading house seeking a Financial Controller in their London office.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Support the business with accounting services, financial and management reporting for the national office in London whilst ensuring strong link-up with internal and external stakeholders to make sure all processes are integrated and financial policy followed at all times
- Develop and assist with long and short term business plans and ensure the correct financial preparation and risk protocols are followed and adhered to
- Monitor and evaluate business units and profit centres to ensure top line growth is in line with targets imposed by senior management, and cost control and credit risk policies and targets are adhered to and met
- Follow up and review processes around liquidation of inventory/overdue debtors and advances etc. Be actively involved in ensuring payment terms in contracts are legal and viable including payment terms, taxation and local financial legislation compliance.
- Reports into the CFO whilst working directly with the Steel Trading Director
Key Qualifications / Experience
- 8 to 10 years’ experience in a similar role within a related industry, ideally Steel
- Experience with contracts compliance, financial planning and accounting
- Knowledge of the commodities/trading space
- CA or ICWA required and ideally experience working on Navision ERP is desired
- Located in London or happy to relocate
Keywords: commodity, commodities, metals, metal, Steel, Iron Ore, base metals, aluminium, copper, zinc, nickel, tin, raw materials, financial control, financial controller, financial analysis, finance manager, finance control, accountancy, accountant, accounting, business analysis, risk management, CA, ICWA, finance, trading company, Microsoft Navision ERP, Navision ERP, ERP, International Financial Reporting Standards, IFRS, accounting standards, accounting principles, GAAP, Generally Accepted Accounting, Principles, logistics optimisation, KPI, KPI's, United Kingdom, UK, GB, Great Britain, London, England, Redstone Commodity Search, RS0625A