Research and Development (R&D) Fabricator Welder
My Client is a production facility that also operates as a Research and Development organisation that furthers the application of heat pipe technologies. They are looking to recruit a high quality R&D Fabricator Welder who is capable of completing the manufacture of complex assemblies to a very high quality specification to join their team.
Skills and Experience:
- Must have experience working with Stainless Steel and Carbon Steel including boiler plate material
- Experience working with pressure vessels
- Have an understanding of heat treatment of metals within a pressure related environment would be an advantage
- Have an understanding of chemical cleaning processes would also be an advantage
- Must be used to working within an ISO9001 environment
- Must be highly skilled and used to producing high quality work
- Be able to mentor employees to further their skills
- The role may develop into a supervisor position, and therefore experience of the supervision of people at a workshop level would be an advantage
- Be capable of communicating with all operator levels from MD to shop floor operators
- R & D work is not always available so the person holding this role must be prepared to operate within the manufacturing environment
- The person must be prepared to travel, visiting customer premises to complete on site work activities as required
The successful candidate will need to have an understanding or can learn the science of manufacturing a heat pipe. Furthermore, they will need to understand how to convert the assemblies produced into heat pipes. If the candidate does not have a background in heat pipes, they will need to exhibit the ability to understand and learn the process.
This is a role for a highly skilled individual both as a welder and fabricator.
This role will attract a salary of circa £28K dependant on the candidates’ skills and experience with a 37.5 hour week Mon - Fri.
28 days holiday per year which includes bank holidays.