Senior Quantity Surveyor (Civil Engineering) - Birmingham
Our client is a leading UK construction and civil engineering consultancy who operate across multiple sectors including property, water, rail and highways. They have an enviable track record of success in these sectors. The company are great to work and encourage innovation, creativity and autonomy in their staff, in return for your hard work you will get a strong salary and package, flexible working and the chance to work on top project work.
Together we are looking for multiple Senior Quantity Surveyor to join them on a permanent basis to work in the civil engineering sectors. The successful candidates will have worked for construction consultancies on either rail, water, highways or infrastructure projects in the UK.
As Quantity Surveyor your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing Cost Management reports for all asset classes related to highways, rail infrastructure, airports and utility projects throughout the Midlands
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Working with Associate Directors and Directors to construct proposals for new work or variations for existing projects
- Identifying opportunities to improve cost management procedures, templates and products referring ideas to the appropriate Director
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Pre and Post-contract cost management
- Ensuring that cost analysis, cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Value engineering and life cycle costing
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- Preparation / Quantification of Cost Plan Reports including Measurement of detailed quantities and unit pricing
- A recognised university degree
- Full Membership, or working to obtain membership within relevant professional organisations
- Good understanding of water, rail and highways
- Ability to negotiate and work effectively as part of a team
This is an excellent opportunity for a leading company in the UK, if you are a Quantity Surveyor / Cost Manager with consultancy and civil engineering experience contact George Cumersdale at UKL Professional today.