GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER - PERMANENT - LEEDS - 9955
GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER - PERMANENT - LEEDS
Our Client, a renowned nationwide property consultancy who deliver a range of property services within the private and public sectors, are looking for a Geotechnical Engineer to join their team based at their offices in Leeds.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
The following are essential:
· Professional membership of a related a relevant accredited body or working towards or can demonstrate significant relevant experience.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a geotechnical engineering or geology related discipline.
· Holds a current site card or is prepared to immediately attain.
· Experience in a similar or related role.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Familiar with relevant construction, health and safety legislation and risks and hazards associated with asbestos.
The Geotechnical Engineer will be responsible for performing geotechnical analysis and study to assess site conditions.
· Plan and conduct environmental investigations for construction projects.
· Analyse geotechnical findings, perform appropriate calculations and prepare factual and interpretative reports to Manager.
· Develop proposals and determine cost and schedule for investigations.
· Provide direction to technical team in field inspections activities.
· Interact with customers and team members to complete the assigned project on-time
· Evaluate team performance and determine training needs to meet performance objectives.
· Perform basic office administration tasks when needed.
· Assist the relevant manager in design and evaluation of constructions.
· Develop design drawings and specifications for construction projects.
· Review and approve geotechnical designs developed by outside consultants.
· Review construction design proposals and approve geotechnical aspects.
· Responsible for identifying new business opportunities.
· Fee earning at 90%, and contribute to the achievement of business plan objectives and targets.
· This role requires frequent travel to other offices and sites as required.
· Carry out duties appropriate to the grade of the post.
· Promote continuous improvement and deliver demonstrable high quality products and services which embrace quality standards.
· Demonstrate personal commitment to the Norse Way CSR strategy.
SALARY: £24,000 to £37,000 depending on experience.
26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, pension scheme, Computershare Childcare Voucher Scheme, Reimbursement for a professional membership fee relevant to the employees role, Company paid life assurance up to 3 times annual salary and Access to a wide range of additional employee benefits.
We are instructed to only submit to our Client candidates whose qualifications and experience match client’s specification and must be able to work within the EU/UK.