Job Title: Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
Reporting to: Office Manager
Employment Status: 1 year fixed salary, full time 9.30am-5.30pm
Salary: £22,000 pa
Start Date: Immediate start
A great opportunity has arisen for a multi-tasking Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to join an award winning school who are celebrating their 60th year.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• The Receptionist will be required to work in the busy reception area of the school dealing with all enquiries, whether in person or by telephone. This will involve operation of the school multiline switchboard and liaison with the students and staff.
• Receiving and greeting all visitors professionally, answering general questions where possible and referring specific enquiries to other staff where appropriate.
• Responsible for ensuring all visitors are signed in to and out of the School
• Responsible for logging and distributing invoices for authorisation before entering on to SAGE 50 financial
• Communicating with other support staff when the reception area is going to be unmanned and ensuring that a back-up person has taken responsibility for the area during the Receptionist’s absence • Collating information and keeping up to date reports and other documents as required by the line manager.
• Procurement for school purchases and ensuring best price and value for money at all times.
• Ensuring the reception and waiting areas are always kept tidy and in a professional appearance.
• Manage collection for couriers and ensuring post gets sent out each day, and all tracked items have been accounted for. Special Instructions:
• Flexibility in taking on additional tasks, willing to offer help
• To ensure a safe working environment in accordance with Health and Safety Regulations
• To attend fire drills and staff meetings as required
• To attend training events as required This job description is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other duties as reasonably required by the School Management. Person Specification - Knowledge & Experience:
• Experience working in a similar post.
• Experience with SAGE50 or other invoicing system desirable
• NVQ / QCF level 4 qualification (or equivalent).
• MS Office knowledge is a must.
• Ability to work with the students and as part of a team. As the needs of the business change this role will change accordingly, therefore this document should be viewed as guidelines which are subject to change.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your CV and covering letter with the job title in the subject
Vacancy closes on Friday 31 March 2017
Interviews will take place from week commencing Monday 3 April 2017
IF NOT HEARD WITHIN TWO WEEKS, PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL ABOUT THE SCHOOL
The London Film School (LFS) is internationally celebrated for its commitment to film, craft excellence, innovation and creative freedom. We are recognised by Creative Skillset as a Centre of Excellence Film Academy. Currently located in Covent Garden LFS is the oldest film school in the UK. Deeply connected to local and international screen industries, we have an alumni spanning the globe, and working in every part of the film industry. Our students and alumni have won every major award in the screen industries, and we continue to foster and nurture the next generation of filmmakers.
During 2016, films created at the school had around 200 festival entries, winning over 30 prizes. The list spanned Cannes, Venice, Tribeca, Clermont-Ferrand International Film Festival, The BFI London Film Festival, Edinburgh, Encounters, Oscars, and Sundance.
With around 220 full-time students, from over 30 countries, we are a dynamic hub for high quality film making activity, preparing creative storytellers for the world’s screen industries. We offer 3 full-time MA programmes, a Ph.D. Film by Practice, and a full calendar of short courses.
The school is committed to collaborative practice-based learning and produces up to 180 films every year. The result is a dynamic and intensive film environment which creates global networks for life.
This year the school turns 60, and with a planned move to a new home next year, is on the verge of a new chapter in its history. It’s an exciting time to join the school.
The London Film School is a non-profit educational charity with Mike Leigh OBE as its Chairman of the Board and Jane Roscoe as its Director.