An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced maintenance engineer to join a well established timber merchant.
You will be responsible for the continuous running of equipment and machinery. You will oversee routine maintenance and organise repairs.
Your job will involve:
- designing maintenance strategies, procedures and methods
- carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work and responding to equipment faults
- diagnosing breakdown problems
- fitting new parts and making sure equipment is working correctly
- carrying out quality inspections on jobs
- liaising with client departments, customers and other engineering and production colleagues
- arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components
- controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment
- monitoring and controlling maintenance costs
- dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs
- improving health and safety policies and procedures
- ensuring there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns.
- Overseeing sub contractors for a new build based at the site
The right person would of had at least two years experience within a similar role.
Working hours are Monday-Thursday 8Am-4:30pm and Friday 8AM-3PM, with a 20 minute morning break and a 30 minute lunch break.
Salary is £26,000 per year
You will be enrolled onto the company pension scheme after successfully completing a six month probation period.
Free on site parking
Canteen with vending machines for all workers