Senior Practice Nurse
Roodlane Medical is one of the UK's leading providers of corporate healthcare services, with extensive experience of creating and delivering effective and innovative corporate wellness strategies. Roodlane operates out of offices in London, Prestatyn and Glasgow, and provides services to blue chip clients mainly in banking, legal and professional services.
As part of Roodlane Medical, you will be working with a skilled and experienced multi-disciplinary team, in a supportive and professional environment with opportunities for personal learning and development.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Practice Nurse within the Primary Care team, working within a corporate environment over all the client's sites, but primarily London based.
The Senior Practice Nurse will be responsible for providing and supporting primary care services in conjunction with GP's, to include specifically Travel Medicine, Ear Irrigation and Phlebotomy as well as working closely with the Multi Disciplinary team of GPs, Therapists and administrative staff.
Hours: Full time (40 Hours), Monday - Friday, 08:30-17:30
Salary range is £39,000 - £42,000 depending on experience
To request an informal visit/discussion or detailed job description, please contact
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide primary care at various sites as per the clients wishes; any travel costs (other than normal place of work) would be reimbursed.
- Work closely with GPs and nursing colleagues and members of the client's healthcare team and refer to GP when necessary
- Provide an immunisation programme for employees and subsequent follow-up of vaccine regimes
- Conduct an annual flu vaccination programme for employees
- Provide a minor treatment service to employees for sickness or injury at work, including wound dressings and advice and administration of prescribed drugs in accordance with PGD's and competencies e.g. travel health
- Contribute to any pro-active health training programmes and initiatives to promote healthy working environments and work practices
- Manage own work load within broad guidelines according to demands of the service
- Responsible for managing a Practice Nurse with regard to support, training & development and annual leave cover.
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse - or equivalent (part 1 of NMC Register)
- Extensive post registration experience in Primary Care Practice
- Travel Health experience is essential
- Experience in Health Promotion is essential.
- Skills in phlebotomy, vaccination and ear irrigation
- Previous experience within a corporate/private setting would be advantageous
- Experience of supervising or mentoring junior colleagues is ideal
About The Individual
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written skills and be very organised. They will be adaptable and able to meet the changing caseload and client needs working independently as well as within the team. They will possess a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. Due to the nature of the role, adherence to policy, procedure and guidelines will be of paramount importance in conjunction with the customer-centric attitude.