GRP Laminator, Poole
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for our prestigious client in the Poole, Dorset area. This marine company are looking for people to join their growing team!
Salary: Starts from £28,000 per annum plus dependent upon experience
Hours: 48 hours a week
This is a permanent position and would possibly suit people with experience in the automotive industry and/or who have knowledge of metal fabrication and woodworking. Machine shop experience is a definite advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience of working to a high standard of finish
- A desire to work in pressurised, fast paced, construction environment
- High attention to detail
- Flexibility, the ability to adapt to varied tasks
- Conscientious attitude to work
- Punctual and reliable
- Laminators work in close-knit teams to produce hulls, decks and super structures for boats sizes of 48 to 155 feet
- Typical tasks include: Reading technical specifications for mat, resin and gel types. Preparing molds (cleaning, repairing and usage of release agents) and assessing environmental conditions
- Selecting, measuring, mixing and applying gel coat by hand
- Applying skin coats, core and secondary bonding by hand, and also, the occasional use of resin spray guns
- Trimming GRP and the inspection of own GRP components for quality forms part of the role, as does housekeeping and maintenance of working areas
- This is a team based labour intensive position
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Able to work in restricted spaces and on the water if required
- Experience within the composites industry, specifically glass fibre wet layup with polyester gel and resins
- Able to attend and pass a two hour Laminating trade test and interview in Poole, Dorset
- Able to read technical information relating to laminating
- Able to work with polyester resins
- Keen to work in a fast paced construction environment
- Non-contributory pension contributions
- 22 days annual leave increasing to 25 days after 4 year's service
- Overtime when available
Our aim is to respond to your application within 48 hours. However, due to high volumes of candidates applying for positions, please assume that if we have not contacted you within 48 hours you have been unsuccessful for this role. We will keep your details and contact you should a more suitable position become available.
Don't delay, call, click or come in today! Find success with SOS!