Legal Secretary - Private Client Dept
An established and growing law firm are looking for and experienced Legal Secretary to provide a full administrative and secretarial service to the Fee Earners within the Private Client Department.
Main Job Responsibilities:-
- To carry out typing and secretarial work within the Private Client department for the Fee Earners, typically dealing with matters relating to Wills, Powers of Attorney, Court of Protection, Tax, trust and Estate administration.
- Audio typing of correspondence, documents and forms.
- Receive clients who call at the office, dealing personally where possible and where legal advice is not required, and where not possible taking messages, receiving documents and making appointments, as appropriate.
- Handling of and dealing with clients’ calls and liaising with fee earners where appropriate.
- Deal with queries raised by other service suppliers, e.g. Counsel, Solicitors and Courts.
- Maintaining an efficient filing system for client matters including, opening new files, filing documents and archiving.
- Arranging for Wills and Deed to be stored.
- Photocopying plans, documents, forms and correspondence.
- Recording all payments into and out of the business.
- Dealing with outgoing post.
Knowledge and Experience:-
- Experience of working as a Legal Secretary.
- Excellent keyboard skills with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel & Word.
- Dynamic in approach and uses initiative when dealing with clients or potential clients.
- A positive approach to customer service and excellent communication skills.
- Strong audio typing skills.
Salary £18,000 -£20,000