Sales Ledger Clerk
A leading specialist Construction company based in Irlam, Manchester are looking for a Sales Ledger Clerk / Credit Controller to join their busy team for an exciting opportunity. You will provide a professional and effective for customers in line with their expectations, company procedures and any statutory requirements (4 days) and admin support to Accounts and Purchasing departments (1 day).
- Process all customer invoice requests accurately and within agreed timescales (logging and printing invoices and credit notes)
- Allocating daily cash received
- Produce all customer invoice statements accurately and within agreed timescales.
- Communicate with customers 'debtors' to recover payment of any unpaid invoices and VAT, proactively resolving any issues to prevent future credit control issues.
- Investigate and resolve customer queries including taking appropriate follow up action when dealing with customer queries or issues.
- File all paperwork on a daily basis.
- Maintain electronic and manual records in line with business procedures and statutory requirements.
- Account for any unallocated sales ledger cash liaising with the Company Accountant to ensure VAT is correctly accounted for on the VAT return.
- Monitoring accounts to ensure that customers do not exceed their credit limit
- Process County Court proceeding if necessary against late payment
- Dealing with and instructing debt collection agencies and solicitors where necessary,
- Review new account applications via credit reference agency,
- Any other duties that are deemed necessary to support the business as and when required.
- Role Relationships
- Working within the Sales Team the role holder will report to the Company Accountant. It is also recognised that the role holder will have daily interactions with clients, debt collection agencies and staff
- Educated to GCSE Grade C or equivalent in Mathematics and English
- Experience of bookkeeping and specifically bank and sales ledger reconciliations
- Should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Sage 200 experience desirable
- Required to be highly numerate with a courteous and professional communications skills (both written and telephone) and the ability to communicate with all levels of staff
- Required to work as part of a team and use own initiative.
- An ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines and targets essential
- An ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and significant attention to detail
- Customer Service skills and experience within the construction industry would be advantageous
- Knowledge of the small claim process and CCJs legal process would be advantageous
- Previous credit control experience would be beneficial
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Sales Ledger Clerk / Credit Controller to join a leading Construction business for an interested and challenging role.
If this is something you might be interested I'd love to here from you. Please email me with a copy of your CV to or ring me on .